We welcome your interest in The Gulf English School. Our curriculum embraces an international approach to learning for students in our Primary and Secondary School, as well as for those in our IB Diploma Programme.
The Gulf English School provides the National Curriculum of England and Wales, taught in the English language, for eligible and qualified students of all nationalities. Criteria for enrolment include age, English language proficiency, previous school records, learning achievement, special learning needs considerations and space availability.
New applicants should submit their previous school records and a completed reference form filled out by the previous school prior to entrance testing.
Admissions testing will be done on all students who apply to the school except International Baccalaureate and AS-level students provided that they have 5 or more A-C IGCSEs or GCSEs. The admissions test includes a reading and math assessment as well as a writing sample. Testing will take place before any admission decision is made.
Acceptance decisions could include full acceptance, conditional acceptance, or denial. Parents will be notified of the decision. Once a year group closes, a waiting pool will be established. Parents and students will be notified should an opening become available. GES does not accept any applications or testing if places are unavailable.
GES does not accept students with physical, emotional, or learning needs that cannot be appropriately remediated in the school's program. After the initial acceptance of a student, the school reserves the right to deny re-enrolment if the student's needs go beyond the scope of available services.
Students may be denied admission or asked to withdraw for any of the following reasons:
- Lack of academic preparation for an age-appropriate Year Group.
- Insufficient knowledge of English
- Disciplinary problems
- Academic probation: lack of significant progress
- Other reasons, which, in the opinion of the administration, maybe in the best interest of the school and/or the students.
We hope you will tour our GES website for information on all our programmes and for an introduction to our community of learning. We also welcome parents for campus tours.
The waiting list for the Academic year 2023-24 will be available online from January 2024 until March 2024 and can be accessed through the link below:
January 2024: Online applications for new students will open (except Nursery children attending Gulf English Nursery).
March 2024: Online application will be closed.
Thank you for your interest in The Gulf English School. We are pleased that you have chosen to consider GES for your child's future.
Please note that our waiting lists are E-based. If you wish to complete our application form to waitlist your child or to arrange an entrance assessment, please complete our online application.
Once you submit your child’s application you will receive a confirmation Email and a reference number to use for follow-ups during the application process. If your child’s application is accepted, you will receive an Email from GES admissions to organise an entrance assessment followed by parental interviews.
Submitting an online application does not guarantee placement at GES. Please visit our Admissions Requirements page for further information on our admission policy and requirements.
- Ensure that scanned copies of all documents are available when completing the online form. We are not able to review incomplete applications.
- All records and documents must be submitted in English. Translated/certified copies of records must show an official stamp from the translator. The student's parents may not translate records.
- Records from local government schools may be submitted in Arabic.
- We accept applications throughout the year and students will be accepted based on availability and criteria.
- All Applicants are required to sit for an admissions screening assessment followed by a parental interview.
Provide previous 2 years of school reports.
We request any additional information that may assist us in the evaluation process:
- Narrative reports
- Programme modifications of students, such as:
- Psychological / Educational Evaluations
- Academic Programme Recommendations
- Behavior Modification Programmes
- Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs)
- Copy of passport/birth certificates
- Current immunisations records of the child.
- Health History form.
- Completed parents' questionnaire.
** The Gulf English School reserves the right to contact schools previously attended in order to validate records provided /or inquire about the student(s) in question.